Sunday, June 26, 2022

Its the tone dummy

 Note:  I am being a bit silly in this post.  I had an idea and the idea was backed up with reality but I wrote it quickly. It is not my best one.  Dont take me totally serious on this one.  I love my daughter and whatever she wants to do with her life (pretty much) is fine with me. 


I went into my local butcher shop to get a pound of ground beef to make my good spaghetti sauce.  I like to support them rather than go to the big chain and also because I think they are either Arabian or Jewish and prepare the meat in a good manner.   

However I was quite put off because this was the second time that the Russian lady was quite nasty about the whole thing and the specifics.  I guess I might avoid these national terms because it could have been any nationality behind the counter who was "yelling" at me.  But, no, that isnt quite true.  The further east you go, the further the niceties of retail people deteriorates.  And that happens even if they replant themselves in the US or some other country.   

One thing the communists had no clue on was how to train a polite society of


retail people.  I mean, if you are put off because there is only some teen ager behind the counter who is just messing around on his smart phone and doesnt give a donkeys ass about doing a good job, the communist retailers had this "I dont give a fˇˇˇ about you" long before the punks took it as their own slogan.  

So here is this Russian lady yelling at me because I am worried there is not enough ground beef for me to take, and she has me over a barrel because there isnt another good kosher butcher in any neighborhood that is close to me.  So... pride be swallowed. 

But.. you may ask, what does this have to do with the price of spaghetti and being a good father?  

Well, it quite surprised me when my ten year old daughter said that she was interested in becoming a lawyer.  Maybe a patent lawyer.  I was surprised not because I dont think she can become a lawyer, but because she lacks, the voile, the patois, how does one say, the TONE to become a lawyer.  

Every job calls for the right qualifications and I think my daughter has the right TONE to become a lawyer just as this Russian lady for surely had the long history and heritage to be a friendly retail lady butcher......... NOT.  


So how does a good father nudge his daughter into the right job, say Mafia leader or coffee tester for instance?  

I am being facetious of course, its just that I dont want my daughter to spend 15 years on special expensive schooling to become a lawyer just to be barred right at the beginning from practicing because she called the judge an idiot.   

Then again, there is no success like failure or if this Russian lady can pretend to serve me ground beef with a smile (more like a smile when she cut my throat), I guess my daughter can be a lawyer.  God willing.  God willing.  Who knows, maybe God is willing.  


I listened to a Glenn Branca CD selections of his symphonies. I have big respect for Glen Branca, but his music is not totally up my alley, my cup of coffee.  But as an artist, I highly recommend you at least listen to some of his stuff.  This album is a good place to start discovering his works although only for those who can handle "noise".   Please sit and re orient your hearing organs.  Open mind too. 






No comments:

Post a Comment