Monday, May 8, 2023

o2 to get more of my money? Why?


 Continuing from last post I am saddened that the responsibility  from my older daughter didnt last so long. 

What to do?  

As soon as I got better the good will of my daughter was gone.  

This is rather difficult when I am in the process of renewing her telephone number. What to do?  What would you do?  

So here is the short story. 



She did continue to make her bed, but as soon as her tests were done it was like she changed back to the devil.  As if, ok, no tests, no responsibilty.  She got lazy again.  I got to nagging again.  

Then I had a month of not being able to pay the rent on the apartment and kicking it down a month.  This happened because I had to pay for the much higher gas bill.  Look, I am just an ordinary mediocre guy who is lucky to make ends meet at the end of the month.  But if some things happen, maybe something breaks down or there are extra costs like higher gas bill, then ends dont meet.  

So, there was the higher gas bill, MY DAUGHTERS TUTORING CLASSES AND a down payment on her school trip at the end of May.  It was too much. Then her telephone. I got behind a month on that payment.  


Then May.  More gas payment, this time rent, I will still have to pay property taxes this month, the rest of my daughters payment for the school trip AND another phone payment.  And then, listen to this.  The phone company turned off the number because I was late.... by 1 day! So they were going to make me pay a higher fee, double, to get it turned back on.  I had a long discussion with the phone lady saying exactly that, "hey you know, sometimes you just cant make the ends meet at the end of the month and some things dont get paid on time before the next money comes in.  Have you ever had that?"  Well the computer wont change it.  But I knew the phone lady could change it in some manner.  They know how to over ride the computers if necessary.  Maybe. And I went on and said, well yes I know because your company has a reputation of not being very human. Even though we are humans

with human problems and sometimes it doesnt work out, the computer doesnt care.  Pay on time or before or lose it. I tried to say that I did pay, but it was a long weekend, the money was due on Sunday and the banks were still closed on Monday.  Why didnt you pay it earlier? Because I had too many payments.  In the end she DID become a human and said she could put some of the penalty to my next months payment.  Lets see if that happens really.  

Meanwhile, ON THE OTHER SIDE, get this.  My wife yelled at me, that MY DAUGHTER was getting worse again as she did nothing on Friday besides mess around on her phone for five hours in the afternoon.  I wasnt home, i cant say what went on. She did practice her guitar without me pushing her, on a FRIDAY too. That was something.   

This is in my head when I come home from work on Saturday and she is lying on the couch just with the telephone and i have to make sure dinner is going well.  My other daughter got it in the oven.  Then I had to work on the dinner more.  And my bad phone daughter comes over at dinner and says,  "this is a minus,


minus minus meal.  About the same as school lunch food."  This after I planned it, did the shopping and got it prepared in the morning before work and wrote out the instrucitons and even peeled 12 potatos for the meal too which I hardly ever get to.  This time I did even though I was late to work.  And then my bad phone daughter just complains about it and says it tastes hard, chewy, and everything bad. I thought it was better this time. Didnt cook as long, and was a bit juicier than last time and not as tough as last time.  But no such compliments from my daughter.  And its not the first time. Look, I can take criticism, but that is different from being mean. I dont like someone being mean and nasty in their comments.  Respect for the effort is better.  And then criticism.  

All the time this phone business was going through my head.  

I didnt pay it yet.  Maybe I should just say, "you know what?  Enough of this, forget it. I aint paying".  I mean, you get it, i am over my budget and when I pay for her phone, all I get is her watching tik tok for even longer.  And the usual stupid scenes from stupid shows.  "Hey mon, my buds fell out so now I will have to take the long way home."  huh?   

Or do I make a deal with her?   Look two hours a day on your phone for entertainment including chess games and every thing and that is it.  You dont agree, i dont pay.  

Or I can just say and do nothing.   And pay it.  

All of them seem bad to me for one reason or another.     Meanwhile that phone and tik tok STILL drive me crazy mad.  

Any suggestions? 


I had to listen to atmospheric dub techno while writing this one and this is one of the best lables and compilations to listen to for that.  I had this compilation on vinyl but sold them all.  I have a different one on CD I have.  



No comments:

Post a Comment